Strategies related to Water-Energy-food Nexus footprint:
- including build a robust database for Spanish agri-food supply chains;
- promote continuous improvement of the environmental performance of agri-food sector throughout their life cycle;
- introduce technical, environmental and nutritional criteria under a life cycle approach;
- set Green Public Procurement criteria on a reliable basis.
Strategies related to Circular Economy in the Spanish agri-food sector:
- including address food waste prevention actions linked to the agri-food supply chain;
- implement the UN Sustainable Development Goal on agri-food waste at Spanish level;
- apply of a common agri-food waste measurement methodology aligned with global standards;
- create an agri-food waste stakeholder’s platform with the involvement of different agri-food chain actors;
- contribute to facilitate food donation in order to introduce social justice;
- consumer education and changing public attitudes towards waste minimisation.
Nutritional and Diet Strategies:
- contributing to enhancing consumer demands for sustainable food production in Spain;
- increasing the environmental and nutritional knowledge of alternative diets and meals from a life cycle approach;
- contributing to identify and characterize alternative non-animal-based-protein-sources for human feed;
- introducing a new methodology to analyse the cost of healthy eating in Spain.